Summer is in session! It’s time to pack up your suitcase and hop in a plane, train, or car to your next destination. What kinds of places are you planning on visiting this summer? Does the heat have you dreaming of a snowy Canadian getaway? Are you dying to take a dip in the ocean and try your hand at surfing? Is the monotony of life at home making you want to hop on the next plane to a country far away?
So many of us get bit by the travel bug around this time of year. Everyone is taking time off work and going to explore exciting places, and there’s nothing better than having a break from everyday life to relax or start a new adventure.
If you’ve got the travel bug and want the world to know, we’ve got the perfect DIY for you.
This travel map, once displayed in your home, will show off all the amazing places you’ve visited. It’s a great conversation starter and a lovely piece of art as well!
DIY Travel Map
Here’s what you’ll need:
- World map in a style you like
- Push pins
- Baker’s Twine
- Print photos of the places you’ve visited
- Scotch tape
- Frame (optional)
- Corkboard (optional)
Let’s get started!
- Choose a map print that you really love. There are plenty of artistic world maps for sale on Etsy, Amazon, and craft stores.
- Hang your map wherever you want it displayed. You can also frame your map if you want.
- Take out enough push pins for every place you’ve traveled to. Tie different lengths of Baker’s Twine around each push pin using a small double knot.
- Start placing push pins on each city you’ve visited. If you don’t want the push pin marks in your wall, you can glue or tape your map to a corkboard.
- Tape the photos to the ends of the appropriate pieces of twine. Pin each picture to your wall. You can stagger the photos to give a more appealing look.
That’s all it takes to make an incredibly beautiful travel map that you can display in your home, adding to it each time you visit somewhere new. Just make sure you take lots of pictures wherever you go!