With the Kodak Digitizing Box, you can preserve your most special memories in a long-lasting digital format that you can easily access by DVD, digital download, or by thumb drive. If you aren’t familiar with how to use a thumb drive, it’s as easy as pie and is a great method for storing digital files in an easily transportable format. Here’s how to access your personal files on a thumb drive:
- First, insert your thumb drive into the port on your computer labelled “USB”. This port is generally located on the side, back, or front of a computer.
- Depending on what type of processing system you have, you will access your files from your USB differently.
- Windows: Select the My Computer icon under Settings and select the removable disk/USB icon.
- Mac OS X: Look for the removable disk icon on your computer’s desktop and select it.
- Select the folder under the removable disk icon that contains the files you are looking for.
- From here, you can easily view the content located in those files.
- If you wish, you can drag the files located in your thumb drive and drop them into a new file on your computer. This way your files will be downloaded onto your computer!
That’s all there is to it!
Thumb drives are an excellent, easy to use piece of technology that can make sharing personal files between computers simple and easy. Try sharing your downloaded images and videos to your social media pages so that your friends and family can enjoy the memories, too!