Do you have any MiniDV tapes that need digitization?
Have no fear! You have some options.
You can digitize at home with a video capture software, or you can send your tapes to a digitization service. The question is, which is better for your MiniDV tapes?
Let’s discover how at-home MiniDV-to-digital transfer can be done and then compare it with a digitization service.
- MiniDV camcorder or tape deck
- MiniDV tape
- USB cable
- Video capture software program
- Using the USB cable, connect the MiniDV camcorder or tape deck to your computer.
- Open the camcorder or tape deck. If using a camcorder, set it to VCR mode.
- Load the MiniDV tape into the camcorder or tape deck.
- Open your computer’s video capture software.
- From the file menu in the software, click “capture” and wait for a window to appear on the monitor.
- Press play on your camcorder or tape deck.
- The video should begin playing inside the capture window in the video editing software.
- Click “record” on the capture window in the video editing software. Now the software will record the tape in real-time.
- Once the tape is done playing, press “stop” on the capture window.
This process will create one continuous digital video to be saved on your computer.
At-home digitization seems appealing as it takes just a few supplies and some pretty simple steps to get the job done. However, it can take a lot of time and money depending on the type of video capture software you choose. Since you have to let the tapes run their course in order for the software to capture them, you could end up sitting in front of your computer for hours during the process. Also, when you digitize at home, you are in control of audio and visual editing. If you’re unfamiliar with how to edit video in this capacity, or if you don’t have proper video editing software, then it is probably best if you choose to use a digitization service instead of digitizing at home. If you digitize at home, you could end up with poor quality videos. Sending your MiniDV tapes to a digitization service will take the burden of editing off your shoulders. Digitization professionals who are experienced with video editing software will take a look at your videos to ensure the best possible digitization.
WIth KODAK Digitizing, we can transfer your MiniDV tapes to digital fast and professionally. You won’t need to worry about whether your digital copies will turn out well - our trained technicians will hand-digitize each piece of analog media you send in with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. We also offer free shipping and handling, step-by-step tracking, and great customer service. You can’t go wrong with KODAK Digitizing. Don’t waste your time and money by digitizing MiniDV tapes at home - send them to us at KODAK Digitizing and we’ll take care of it for you.